Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sasquatch In The Neighborhood?

By now, you've probably heard about the Bigfoot (aka. Sasquatch) sightings in SE Wisconsin over the last few weeks: a road-kill deer stolen out of the back of a highway worker's pickup near Holy Hill, a couple of boys from Merton who saw the creature at the edge of the woods in their backyard, and a sighting near Farmington.

As most of us, I don't believe in the existence of these animals. There has never been any supporting physical evidence such as a body or hair/fur samples. Yet people in this area have seen something - and it feeds the imagination.

Yesterday was garbage pick-up day at my house. As I left for work, I found one of my plastic garbage bags had been carried from the curb to a bench next to my house, ripped open, and foodstuffs partially eaten and strewn about. It was likely a raccoon or the like - yet my wife and I joked that Bigfoot had visited and even found the bench convenient to sit on while scavenging.

Today, at the office, a co-worker got a call from her husband. It seems that a number of their chickens had been killed and others maimed overnight. We all agreed that it was probably a fox or other small predator - yet no one could stop thinking about Sasquatch grabbing a little chicken dinner.

Cue the "Twilight Zone" music.

2 Comments:

At 11/29/2006 01:15:00 PM, Blogger exswimchick said...

Ha! Now that's a good one! Sasquatch eating your garbage. DId YOU find any hairy evidence or any sasquatch droppings or footprints????

How come the garbage bag wasn't in the garbage can to begin with?

 
At 11/29/2006 03:57:00 PM, Blogger Puba said...

The garbage can was full of garage-cleaning waste. I should have put that stuff in big garbage bags and any kitchen bags inside the garbage can. A mistake on my part. Oh well - how else does one attract a Bigfoot though? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home